8.27.2008

State Fair

We headed to the State Fair on Saturday, and stayed pretty much all day. They were having a veterans recognition days event and had tanks, a motorcycle parade, and other interesting military recognition stuff. I saw all the animals, and took pictures until my camera batteries died, then changed them out and took... no more. The other set of batteries I had with me were already dead, which I hadn't realized when I grabbed them as backup. Sad.

I saw goats and sheep, pigs (smelly!), cows, chickens, ducks, pheasants (exotic varieties even, and alas by that point the camera batteries were dead), and horses ranging from knee-high baby minis to draft horses over 6 feet tall at the shoulder. Neat!

We ate funnel cake and looked at exibits, talked to some of the authors at their table, and looked at shops. I went to the artisans' area, which had some really neat work. Lots of people doing glasswork this year. Took sit around and rest breaks, and watched a canine agility show. All in all, a very fun time, though I ached like crazy for a day or more afterward (I was already sore by mid-afternoon while we were still there)

No comments: